Ads

Jenggibba

Ads

The Patient Amie, Act II

THE PATIENT AMIE
ACT II
Scene One
It is after the tests at school, the test results shows that Amie defeated the whole class, followed by Buba while Isatou and Fatou performs so poorly. Fakaramba organises a family meeting where the students can also take it as an opportunity to show their results to the other family members. The results shock Sally but convince by Isatou and Fatou that the tests were not fairly conducted.
(All the family members sat and the meeting begins)

Fakaramba: Welcome everyone to the today's meeting. Being the host for the today's meeting, I would like my kids to take this as an opportunity to show their test results to all the family members here present.
(Everyone clap for him. He then proceed to call all the four kids including Amie for the presentation. The marks of the students are to be recorded and announced by Fakaramba's brother known as Uncle Omar)
Uncle Omar: Attention please, listen everyone. I, in my capacity as the proud uncle of these wonderful kids will announce the results as given to me. The children were tested on ten different subjects but I calculated and put it in percentage form. After that I will give an opportunity for all the children to say something. Before going further, can we please put our left palm and right palm together for their hard working mothers.
(People clap for a while)
I will start with Isatou. Though her result is not encouraging enough and I would like him to triple her effort. Anyway, she failed all the subjects except P.E. and scores 30%.
(Murmuring begins and no one clap).
I will move to her sister, Fatou  who also produced a disappointing result, though, more than Isatou's. She too failed all the subjects except P.E. and therefore, he too needs to triple her effort.
(Everyone still not in exiting mood)
Now to the big brother and the future compound head who is no one other than Buba. He tried a lot compare to his sisters and needs to be commended. He is lucky to have only blue inks on his results which means he pass all the subjects. In fact, he has only Excellent and V. Good as interpretations on his results, not even Credit. And according to the results, he took second position in their class.
(Everyone become exited and continuous clapping starts which took nearly three minutes to stop)
Attention please! Attention! Attention! please! We have a long way to go and many things should be discuss please.
I shall now continue to the last student (Isatou). She earns  my respect from today and she also deserve a gift from me for her outstanding effort. He managed to have Excellent in all her subjects and scored 94%. According to her results, she is second to know in their class.
(Family members shout and clap to the extent that neighbours start filling the compound. And it took ten minutes before the meeting becomes in order)
Thank you everyone. I would like to give the flow to the children for them too to say something.
Isatou: I should have more marks than Amie even my mother can be my witness. Our teacher did not like me that is why he reduced my marks. He is always with Amie during break time. But come next Exam I will defeat the whole class.
(Everyone murmuring and looking at each other, doubting what she is saying)
Fatou: I am also cheated if not I will have a higher mark that Amie. But the final Exam is coming and we shall see.
(Murmuring and doubting continuous)
Buba: Respected Uncle, my two mums, dad and everyone present here, I am content of what I have and I promised to add more effort. As my sister, I know that Amie even deserves more than what she had got. I would therefore like to congratulate her for hers success and also thank her for her sacrifice, patience and understanding. I can't say everything here.
(Another clapping starts, but this time is the amazed elders)
Amie: Thank you brother. Dear uncle, father, my two mothers and everyone. Brother Buba had almost made me speechless and special thanks goes to the Almighty Allah for giving me such a strength. I will not say much because I believe in actions than speech. Anyway, if I am right, dad expects less from me as less is given to me but I will always surprise you dad.
(All the family members emotionally shows their lack of understanding about Amie's statement but still claps happily)
Edrisa: Good evening everyone. As a close friend to Karamba, I think I am also part of the family but I will say less. I can attest to the fact that Amie is a discipline girl and always greet me whenever I visit this home. It is not a surprise for me that she scored such marks. Whenever I come to this home, this decent girl will only ask me about my children's educational career. I realized that she does more  works in the compound. And during the weekends, she will cook. Apart from her mother she is the only human being I saw cooking in this home. She is also a girl that have less time to talk and complain about issues in the compound.
Thank you all.
(Everyone starts wondering)
Sally: For me, I am totally disappointed by the school administration. I don't trust them at all. How can I pay a study teacher for my children and then defeated by a girl who always keep sleeping in her mother's room. I will not sit with such a shame. I will see the Principal or Karamba himself to see him.
Yasin: Alhamdullillahi Rabil Alamin. (said three times). I am just a mother who equally care for all these children. I considers all of them as my own children. I choose to say less and I will therefore give chance for my husband, in his capacity as the head of the family, to speak.
Fakaramba: Many people say whatever they wanted. But as far as I am concern, I will visit the school myself and seek the truth. I heard from many villagers that the teachers in the school are not honest but I shall see.
Anyway, it is not the main agenda for today's meeting, so I think we can now proceed to the main one.
Malik: I saw you point brother but I want you to understand that this results analysis is also important. It will inspire us to teach our children to become like Amie.
But hence we have less time, I think the best thing is to adjourn the meeting till next week.
(All family members shows their satisfaction)
Uncle Omar: As agreed by all of us, the meeting is adjourn to next Saturday. Malik's should be the host as stated on the timetable.
Malik: Like we did today, My children too will also present their results.

Scene Two
Fakaramba fulfils the promise he made by visiting the school. He goes directly to the Principal's office. Without seeking any truth from the Principal, he directly accuses the school with something that the Principal cannot agree.

Fakaramba: Good morning Mr Tambajang.
Principal: Good Morning and welcome Karamba
Fakaramba: Thank you. But Tambajang, I came to make findings about my children.
Principal: Great. You deserve to know.
Fakaramba: I was told that teachers in this school are dishonest and as such they award marks base on mere friendship or romantic love. And I, Karamba can proof that. My two hardworking daughters were studying every night before the exams with the help of a study teacher and yet they all failed their exam while others that never had a study teacher are scoring high marks in all their subjects.
Principal: Point of correction! your hardworking daughter. Also, it is that the study teacher will pill you daughters' heads apart, fix the knowledge and then seal it again? In fact, you initially said that the purpose of your visit is to seek the truth but you pretends to know more than any person.
Fakaramba: What matter is the dishonesty of your teachers.
Principal: Listen carefully Karamba, I am very confident that all my teachers are honest, and they award marks based on who did what during their various assessments. How can we be dishonest when your daughter took first in a class where the Principal's son and the Alikalo's daughter are. You an not young so therefore think well before you act Karamba. It is a useless father who accept to be mislead by his own children. This is a very big embarrassment and I am disappointed by you Karamba: Disappointed by the truth? Okay I will take a leave. And do justice among students. Bye
Principal: (Shaking his head while Fakaramba on his way going home) Wonders shall never end.

Scene Three
Fakaramba meet his wife (Sally) to discuss about his visit to the school.

Fakaramba: Sally. Sally. Sally.
Sally: Yes Karamba
Fakaramba: Come please.
Sally: Let me finish this and then come to you
(Fakaramba sat for about 15 minutes and Sally appeared)
Sally: Yes. I am done now.
Fakaramba: I want to tell you what I said to the school Principal today.
Sally: And what did they said?
Fakaramba: The moment I reached to them, the Principal and his teachers starts trembling knowing what I cam for. I threaten the Principal but he admitted that it was a mistake. He told me to forgive them till next time. But I emphatically warned and threatened them to the extent that I nearly slap the Principal's secretary.
Sally: But are you sure that they will not repeat again.
Fakaramba: Re.......What! They will never do it even if they consume tea gas as an alternative to coffee. I wish you see these people trembling and begging me.
Sally: Okay I am going to relax now.

Scene Four
Days later, Amie receives a scholarship to study abroad due to her outstanding performance.
She is to go to the Vice Principal with her teacher to be given a clue about it.
(During break time, Amie with her teacher in the Vice Principal's office)

Vice Principal: Good. You came at the right time. Just to inform you, Fofana, Amie has won a scholarship to study abroad. And we are deciding to see any of her parents or even both to discuss about it tomorrow.
Mr Fofana: I understand Mr Manneh. I think she deserves it more than any other student. And please, Amie either maintain or redouble your effort. And avoid those Rif-Rat boys that behave like a parasite. You should make everyone proud by setting and example. I know that you are patient but try to be more patient as you are going to a different country with diverse culture.
Amie: Thank you. I shall make good use of this opportunity.
Vice Principal: Adding to what Fofana said, you are given this opportunity not because of your wealth, religion or beauty but due to your own efforts. So please continue with that.You can now go but don't forget to inform your parents.
Amie: Thank you Sir. I will not forget. (Leaving with a smile)




Don't forget to share, please.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ECOWAS FIRST APPROACH TO THE NIGER CRISIS IS IN ITSELF A FAILURE

By Sulayman Lecturer Darboe  ECOWAS FIRST APPROACH TO THE NIGER CRISIS IS IN ITSELF A FAILURE Foremost, I want to express explicitly that I ...

My popular posts