Ads

Jenggibba

Ads

Act IIIII of The Patient Amie, by Jenggibba (Faback Gibba)

Act IIIII, Scene One

Amie is already in Qatar for a two months and she makes  a phone call to her mother's one week old Samsung phone.
(She spoke with her mother alongside Buba for about twenty minutes and then her mother decides to give the phone to Fakaramba and the other family members too to speak to her)

Yasin: Karamba, Amie wants to speak to you.
Fakaramba: I am feeling tired, she is just wasting my time. But give it to me
(Yasin handover the phone to Fakaramba).
Fakaramba: Amie, how are you doing?
Amie: I am feeling happy father. I am in a good condition here. You forgot that this is the richest country in the world?
Fakaramba: Are you out of your mind, Amie? How did the Gambia become the richest country in the world?
Amie: I am in Qatar father and not the Gambia. Were you not told by mum that I travelled to Qatar based on the scholarship awarded to me?
Fakaramba: (He look towards the floor with shame and paused for some seconds). No. When did you left?
Amie: I left about two month  ago.
Fakaramba: That is good and ....... (Yasin's phone battery unfortunately becomes too low and the conversation stops). Hello. Hello. Low battery! (He give the phone back to Yasin).
Yasin: Oh! She will call us when she is free again.
(Fakaramba enters the house with his shame. Realizing all that happened before, he continuously kept quiet with his shame without even having the appetite of eating).


Scene Two
The following day, Fatou and Isatou come from the school with a strange news.
(They directly go with tears on their eyes straight to their mother who they think can defend them in every case).

Sally: Hey! What has they done to my children? Who attacked you? Tell me. Karamba. Come here Karamba. Come come. Tell us what happened to you. Speak Fatou.
(Fakaramba is standing and staring at them without uttering a word)
Fatou: I was disqualified. They said that I fail all my subjects. That is not true mother. (Speaking while crying).
Isatou: They told me the same thing mother. Father should go and tell them the truth.. (Also crying).
Sally: I think you heard about what you daughters said, Karamba?
Fakaramba: And so?
Sally: Do aas they say.
Fakaramba: Fatou, Isatou and Sally, go wait me in the house. I am coming for a meeting.
Sally: (With a surprise face). For what?
Fakaramba: Sally! I am not the same Karamba Bojang you know. Go and wait me in the house. And where is Buba? (Buba suddenly appears at the scene). Good! You are the one I am even asking about. Go and tell your mother Yasin too to come to my house with you for a meeting.
(All the family members curiously now sit in Fakaramba's house and he begins to speak )
Fakaramba: Sally, what type of human are you?
Sally: What have I done wrong Karamba?
Fakaramba: You are asking me? Look! Do not talk to me until I tell you to do so. You are very wicked with no mercy for others. You ruined my whole life and created room for my shame. No on respects me now because of you and your daughters. You mad me sent my own daughter who I can't talk to now due to shame. What type of woman are you? You never work, but only to watch TV, eating, drinking and sleeping. A step is between you and witches. You want to kill me because of your children, telling me to do as they say. Are they my mother?
Sally: When do you know all these?
Fakaramba: You idiot! (He wants to slap Sally for talking to him but Yasin and Buba intervened).
Yasin: Please sit down Karamba. All what you are saying right now are already considered as history and we can do less about it. I was the victim of the mistakes you are talking  about and is only my patient that caused you to realized this mistakes. I want us to forget this and consider it as a mere history.
Fakaramba: Please forgive me Yasin. I nearly died of shame after speaking to Amie yesterday. (He tries to seek forgiveness by kneeling down while tears start flowing).
Amie: No.. no.. no. Get up please. Mistakes are made for us, the humans. The important thing is to realize your mistakes and change. I have nothing in my heart if not I will leave since day one.
(Sally, Isatou and Fatou also apologises while Buba innocently look at them like the way he watches a football match, though speechless).
Yasin: No. No need to. We are the same family know matter what happened. I at the moment scents some good lucks coming to our family soon. What I now want is for you to work with me to ensure a happy family. One cannot do all.
Sally: From now on you will not work here alone. You will never go to your garden alone. Thank you so much Yasin for your generosity.
(They continue talking about the future plans of the family).

Scene Three
After staying together for six years in peace, unity and love, the family now has a lot to celebrate with regards to the success of the family.
(Amie makes another call on Buba's phone, but this time with a joyful mood and confidence).

Buba: Sister herself.
Amie: Yess the prince!
Fatou: Give it to me. This one is my call. (She quickly collects the phone from Buba while been so excited). The sister herself.
Amie: Wow! Oh yes! The money's friend!
Fatou: Sister herself! Guess what?
Amie: You bought the car?
Fatou: Hahahaha. Not yet. I am graduating next month 28th and you are coming for holidays that same month on the 20th. Meaning you will witness my graduation ceremony. Wooooo!
Amie: Wooow! This is the good news of the year.
Fatou: Here is father. (She give the phone to her father).
Fakaramba: Amie.
Amie: I hope you are now feeling good.
Fakaramba: Yes Amie I forgot that pain since the day you introduced me to Dr Sabally. The house is even ready and we are waiting only for you to come next month.
Amie: But why me?
Fakaramba: We want the entire family to transfer at once.
Amie: Oh ok. But where is Isatou?
Fakaramba: Your busy sister was invited to a programme organised by the Gunjur Literary and Debating Society. That is where she went.
(They happily spoke a lot before giving the phone to Sally and Yasin whom he found watching the TV. They put it on a loudspeaker mode and talk for about twenty five minutes).

Scene Four
Fifty days later, the family transferred to their new house which was a joint project in the sense that every member of the family more especially Amie, played their role in building the house. The family invites some Islamic students together with their teachers to recite the Quran at home. After the Quranic recitation, there are a party-like event in that afternoon which is attended by neighbours and other relatives.
(In that afternoon, Amie and Buba are having a conversation while the foods are been given to the people).

Amie: You know what the prince?
Buba: No.
Amie: After working in Qatar for the two compulsory years, I would like to work their again for extra five years so that I would gain more knowledge and experience. Because it might be a little bit hard here for me to upgrade myself to the standard I want to meet. I will then come for holidays twice an year.
Buba: You are right. It is a good idea.
Amie: I will also make sure to collaborate with the Edward Small Teaching hospital and share ideas especially during my holidays here, to ensure a quality health care system.
Buba: It is a blessing to be with you, sister. You are all the time selfless and you said things that are rarely said by many.
Amie: You are the best, Prince.
Buba: But when are we going to have a surprise visit to our school? I think we can make it on one fine Monday so that we can have the chance to inspire and motivate the students at their Assembly ground.
Amie: You are right prince. This is what many successful people failed to do. The students need to be inspired and motivated. To be honest, teachers alone cannot do it. Okay, I heard that our Principal, Tambajang is now a diplomat.
Buba: Yes. He is a busy man now. But we will surprise him too.
(Fatou and Isatou also join them. Hours later, the invited neighbours who are now satisfied go back to their various homes).



THE END

















2 comments:

  1. Keep it up Saha, very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Gibba, you're going fine. The stories are sure interesting I really enjoy reading them. I hope you have another interesting one for us. I'm inspired by your move. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

ECOWAS FIRST APPROACH TO THE NIGER CRISIS IS IN ITSELF A FAILURE

By Sulayman Lecturer Darboe  ECOWAS FIRST APPROACH TO THE NIGER CRISIS IS IN ITSELF A FAILURE Foremost, I want to express explicitly that I ...

My popular posts