Ads

Jenggibba

Ads

THE PATIENT AMIE, ACT I

THE PATIENT AMIE


CHARACTERS
Amie Bojang               :   The main character
Yasin Drammeh          :   Amie's Mother
Fakaramba Bojang      :   Amie's Father
Sally Touray                :   Amie's Step-Mother
Buba Bojang                :   Amie's Brother
Isatou Bojang               :   Amie's Sister
Fatou Bojang                :   Amie's Sister
Mr Fofana                      :   Amie's Teacher
Mr Tambajang               :   Principal
Mr Sowe                        :   Vice Principal

ACT I
Scene One
Yasin goes to her husband to convince him to look for a study teacher who should be studying their school going children at home. But during the discussion, Sally was standing at the window listening to the conversation. From there she (Sally) too meet their husband (FaKaramba) to talk about the proposed study class raised by her colleague.

Yasin: Assalamu Alaikum.
Fakaramba: Walaikum Salam. Come in.
Yasin: (Sat in the house). Good morning my husband.
Fakaramba: Good morning Yasin. You are welcome.
Yasin: Well, my husband. I am here to discuss something with you pertaining to our school going kids.
Fakaramba: Okay. I am with you, continue.
Yasin: It is just that I want you to look for a study teacher for them who will be helping them at home.
Fakaramba: (Silence for a while)
Yasin: It is just that I can't afford that, if not I will help you pay for all the students.
Fakaramba: (Still silence and pretending to be thinking of something)
Yasin: And what's your take on that?
Fakaramba: My brain is saturated at the moment. I will think about it later.
Yasin: Okay. I will take a leave now for my garden.
Fakaramba: Okay.

Scene Two
Sally visits her husband to counter her colleague's suggestion on the study class.

Sally: I heard all what you've said but I am against it.
Fakaramba: That's the reason behind my silence, Sally. I want to discuss all with you before taking a step
Sally: I know that. For me, I will never be comfortable seeing Amie studying with my children because she is a sheep in wolf clothing. No one knows what is in her heart.
Fakaramba; But but eh nm...
Sally: I know what you want to say and I have a plan for it.
Fakaramba: You mean?
Sally: I want you to pay the study fees for my children and say that I (Sally) am the very one paying study fees for my three children. And ask her to search a study teacher for Amie and pay for her.
Fakaramba: Good wife, good memory. Thank you for this wonderful suggestion.
Sally: I am going to sleep now.
Fakaramaba: Yes go and sleep. That fool will cook when she returns.

Scene Three
The teacher, Mr Jeng visits the house to start offering lessons to Sally's children as agreed during his meeting with Fakaramba. But so much confusion arises as to who should attend the classes.

Mr Jeng: Assalamu Alaikum.
Sally: Walaikum Salam. Welcome Jeng.
Mr Jeng: Thank you Ma.
Sally: Alright Jeng. I am the mother of the three children you suppose to teach and I should be supervising the learning activities.
Mr Jeng: Noted Ma. But as today marks the firt meeting, I am planning to have an introduction short of to know how and where to begin.
Sally: Good. Let me even call the students. Buba, Isatou, Fatou come here. (She called them aloud)
Buba, Isatou and Fatou: Yes mum (said by the trio together)
(Three children come from the same direction)
Sally: Greet this man. He is your study teacher from now on. Buba's house will be your study room.
Buba: Then I should inform Amie about it. (He prepares to walk away)
Sally: Stop!! Idiot! Why can't you wait to be told to do so? In fact will you pay for her? If yes, then call her.
Buba: But is she....
Sally: Stop!! Why can't you always obey your mother's order? (pretends to lost her temper)
Buba: Okay mum. (with a disappointing face)
Sally: Why are you standing now? Go and prepare for the studies.
Mr Jeng: I don't understand Ma.
Sally: Don't mind him.

Scene Four
The  study teacher is already around and the children are about to start their studies.

Amie: Good evening Mr Jeng.
Mr Jeng: Good evening girl. Are you part of us? I mean are you also part of the family?
Amie: Yes. These are my brother and sisters from the same father.
Mr Jeng: Then your dad is mistaken because he mentioned only these three.
Buba: It was deliberate, not a mistake. I don't actually know...
Isatou: Pause Buba!! You are insulting father because of this idiot.
Buba: Point of correction! I am saying the truth because she is also my sister of the same blood. And never ever try to insult her again. Or else!
Isatou: Or else? (Buba try to slap her but stop by Amie and Mr Jeng)
Buba: You are lucky.
(Sally suddenly arrive at the scene and she is shocked to see Amie in the midst of her children.)
Sally: Heyy!! What the hell is going on here?
Fatou: It is good that you arrived on time mum. We were start about to start the studies but Amie then came and start insulting us. Accusing us of  stealing and..
Buba: What!!
Sally: What have I told you Buba? Idiot!
Isatou: Buba was also insulting dad because of this witch.
Buba: Isatouuu!
Sally: Bubaaa!
Amie: Buba keep quite please, allow them to say anything. Allah is watching. In fact Mr Jeng, you were here and heard from A to Z. So please say something at least.
Sally: You are only here to teach and not to interfere in our family matters. (Pointing her pointing finger to Mr Jeng)
Mr Jeng: I am not here to teach only what the book contains, because teaching is far beyond that. Anyway, as you deemed it fit to restrict my involvement in your family matters, it is okay then.
Sally: I am glad you understand me. Continue with your work now. But this other girl should not be among.
Mr Jeng: Why that Ma?
Sally: I think you were given D300 for three students?
Mr Jeng: Yes.
Sally: So?
Mr Jeng: Don't worry Ma. She can still join, no problem about that.
Sally: Not a problem for you but a problem for us. I don't want to see her with my children. Enough is enough.
Teacher: Okay Ma'am. (Shakes his head) I shall rethink about this study class again.
Anyway, I will take a leave till tomorrow.
Sally: Good.



Shared to others if you enjoy reading this piece. And pls comment below and subscribe by writing your Email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ECOWAS FIRST APPROACH TO THE NIGER CRISIS IS IN ITSELF A FAILURE

By Sulayman Lecturer Darboe  ECOWAS FIRST APPROACH TO THE NIGER CRISIS IS IN ITSELF A FAILURE Foremost, I want to express explicitly that I ...

My popular posts